Auction Terms & Conditions Hawley Auctions' online auctions are timed events and all bidding will close at specified times detailed in each lot.
SOFT CLOSE: Hawley Auctions online auctions have an auto extend feature, such that if a bid is placed during the final 2 minutes of bidding, the auction bidding will automatically extend for an additional 2 minutes from the time that bid was placed. The auto extend feature remains active until no further bids are received within a two-minute time frame. Lots will close every 20 seconds, one after the other in numerical order, unless the auto extend feature kicks in.
PAYMENT: We will process your winning bids on the card you registered with immediately following the auction close (after Soft Close completes for all lots). You must register for the auction with the credit card that you intend to pay with. You CANNOT update your credit card in the system after registering for the auction. If you desire to pay with Cash/Check please state this in "notes to auctioneer" section that appears when you register to bid. If you do not contact Hawley Auctions prior to auction closing your CC will automatically be charged.
LOT INFORMATION: Hawley Auctions staff attempt to test most electrical items. Description will state tested/works OR untested at the time the item is photographed/descripbed. All items sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with all faults. If you have a question pertaining to a lot, you must call the office at least 24 hours prior to the auction soft close. The day of the auction closing we will not be able to answer questions.
You are encouraged to attend the auction preview OR call the office for a preview appointment.
All measurements are approximate.
Please review photos (and zoom if needed) as they are part of the description of the lot.
PICK UP: Any won lot(s) not picked up on the specified pick-up date /dates will be considered abandoned. These lots will be forfeited unless alternate pick up arrangements were made prior to the pick up date by email OR calling 608 437 4650.
Hawley Auctions staff does NOT move, carry or load items for you. You must provide any boxes and/or packing material needed for transportation of items.
* No implied or express warranties. The seller and Hawley Auctions expressly disclaim any warranty concerning the condition, quality, and nature, fitness for particular purpose, value or merchantability of any item. No allowance will be made for errors in cataloging, genuineness, defects or imperfections not noted. Online photographs are provided for bidders' convenience and will not be interpreted to create representation or warranties for any item. Hawley Auctions relies upon information from the seller concerning all items and makes no investigation or warranty about the accuracy or completeness of this information.
* Bidder inspection is encouraged.
* By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine. Hawley Auctions reserves the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion.
* Buyer's premium is 13%. There is a 3% discount for cash payments. Bidders wishing to pay with cash must contact Hawley Auctions in advance of auction close. If Hawley Auctions does not hear from a bidder before auction close, the credit card on file will be charged.
* Applicable taxes of 5.5% sales tax will be charged unless a sales tax exemption form is provided PRIOR TO AUCTION CLOSE.
* In the event of failure of the online bidding system or other technical failure, Hawley Auctions reserves the right to cancel, extend and/or reopen the auction.
The bidder whose name is registered and Hawley Auctions agree that the terms listed below shall govern this auction.
1. FULL PAYMENT: Must be made before any items leave the premises.
2. TERMS OF AUCTION: Unless auction is announced as absolute, the auctioneer/auction firm has the right to reject any and all bids. The auctioneers/auction firm further has the right to bid on behalf of the buyer, the seller, or on their own behalf. Auctioneer/auction firm reserves the right to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots, or withdraw any lot or lots from the auction. Payment for purchases must be made according to terms of each specific auction. A Buyer's fee will be added to bid price to arrive at the sale price. Any sales tax is figured on this final sale price. All sales are subject to Wisconsin State Sales Tax Laws. Bidder agrees not to pursue chargebacks on any credit card payments.
3. NO WARRANTY: The descriptions of items in this auction are believed to be accurate. We are not experts but do research many items. When bidding on vintage items there will be flaws, wear, tears, dings and/or discolorations. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by Owner, its Officers, Agents or Staff of auctions concerning any item shall be constructed as a warranty, either express or implied. ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS - WHERE IS. I, the buyer, have examined this merchandise and accept it the way it is.
4. SETTLEMENT: Must be made at the conclusion of the auction. Nothing is to be removed until paid for. Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of the Buyer at time of purchase, and Buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage to property. Buyer and Auctioneers agree that merchandise may remain on the auction premises for a specific period of time following the auction. All merchandise must be removed from the premises by the end of posted pick-up dates.
5. RESALE: Auctioneers reserve the right to resell or dispose of any property that is not paid for in full by the end of posted pick-up date(s). The Buyer shall be responsible to Auctioneers for any expenses of resale and collection and damages resulting from the resale.
6. INJURY & DAMAGE: Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury and/or property damage caused by Bidder or his Agent, and further agrees to hold Auctioneers, Owners, its Officers, or Employees harmless for any personal injury to himself and/or his Agents and any property damage incurred on auction premises.
7. ABANDONMENT. Items are considered abandoned if not picked up by the end of Pick Up Dates as posted in the Auction Details.
8. By signing up for this auction you give Hawley Auctions permission to add your name to their mailing list. You do have the ability to unsubscribe at any time.
These Terms and Conditions, and all questions with respect to the interpretation of these conditions, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to conflict of law's provisions. All bidders expressly consent to personal and exclusive jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Wisconsin located in Dane County. In bidding, you consent to agreeing with all the Terms and Conditions stated above and any auction specific terms posted on each auction's event page and/or terms emailed to you and/or terms posted on hawleyauctions.com.
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS SITE, YOU STATE THAT YOU HAVE READ THE BIDDER CONTRACT AND HEREBY AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUCTION.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms